Abigail Adams’ contemporary friends and relatives were brought to life by Boston Women Heritage Trail board members at a recent event at the Thomas Crane Library in Quincy, MA. Dressed in period costumes and using scripts based on actual correspondence with Abigail, the actors portrayed:
- Elizabeth Quincy Smith, Abigail’s mother – acted by Mary Rudder, who also researched and wrote the scripts
- Mary Smith Cranch, her sister – acted by Cheryl Brown-Greene
- Nabby Adams Smith, her daughter – acted by Ferna Phillips,
- Louisa Caroline Johnson Adams, her daughter in law – acted by Karyn Greene
- Mercy Otis Warren, a friend – acted by Mary Howland Smoyer.
The beautiful period dresses were designed and hand-made by BWHT board member Maria D’Itria.
For more details on the event, click here to watch a television interview with Mary Rudder recorded prior to the event.